Wednesday, January 7, 2009

I Am Nerd

I couldn't remember my old blogspot account for the life of me so I'm also republishing my post from my old blog:

Est Sularus Oth Mithas. No, do not bother looking it up a Latin dictionary. It only means something to Dragonlance readers. It means My Honor Is My Life. It is the motto of the Knights of Solamnia. If you don't know who they are, don't ask, I do not want to waste a perfectly good blog entry explaining who they are. I don't know why I chose that title. I'm not a particularly honorable person. Ask anybody I know, they'd probably laugh and roll over if you asked them if I was in any way honorable. Neither do I have any knightly characteristics. No I'm not chivalrous. I'd probably be the first to run away from a fight. (It just makes more sense to dodge flying fists than to meet them head on)

At any rate, this is my first post. And no, I did not start this blog for the sheer purpose of decorating it like my Friendster account. If you want to see fancy graphics, go to friendster. Otherwise, this is my BLOG. (I'm in IT and I still could not for the life of me explain why it is called a BLOG and not a Web Journal or something) If you want to get offended, angry or downright just want to say something or waiting for somebody else like me to say it, you've come to the right place. And no, you will not find me publishing goddamn song lyrics or poetry on this blog. No, i don't write poems anymore... not for a while now anyway... it took me 5 years to realize I really suck at poetry... when you're young and innocent, everything profoundly stupid coated in flowery words seem to sound nicer... when you get to my age, you just realize that your a trying-hard writer who writes bad poetry. Good thing I pursued an IT career and not a Writing one.... Chalk one up for good decision making!!!!

So where do I begin? Actually I started this Blog because I can't access my Friendster Blog at Globe during office hours. (Yes I write when I'm not swamped with work, so sue me) For the most part, writing helps me avoid the urge of whipping out a Tommy Gun and seeing if people here at Globe tower could tap dance while doing the Macarena. Also, it keeps the brain-dead long hours I spend here more bearable. Then again, this could just be a desperate call for help to draw attention to myself because I am a suicidal teenager who is angry at the world because I wasn't born a goddamn rockstar. (My god that is soooo generation x... and I don't mean that in a nice way)

Or I could just be pulling your leg because like me, you have nothing else to do and are trying to find meaning in your life by reading about other people's (meaning me) mundane existence. Don't worry I'll have more useless things for you to read... For now, Cheeri-o... Hasta La Vista...

No comments:

Post a Comment